The role of an Evansville brand champion is to positively promote our city in ways that helps us to stand out. A brand champion is someone who lives and breathes our city brand. They focus on sharing stories and developing strategies that create an awareness and loyalty among the residents and the public. A brand champion must be passionate about the city brand – e is for everyone!
Brand Champions are encouraged to:
- Live the brand by speaking positively about Evansville, supporting local businesses and organizations, and contributing to the all-around betterment of our community.
- Educate yourself about the initiative through the website or conversations with the Brand Champion Leaders, so that you can be an advocate for e is for everyone.
- Recruit more Brand Champions (friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, etc.)
- Engage with e is for everyone posts on social media and/or share the brand in your own social media posts
- Help fill immediate needs by joining one (or more) of the four Champion Teams
What are the four Champion Teams?
- community event volunteers — for the doers
- logistics: coordinating with event leaders, setup, swag, etc
- outreach: face-to-face interaction at event, taking photos, tell people about the brand, etc.
- community outreach — for the talkers
- engage individuals and organizations to spread awareness about EIFE
- example: give a brand presentation to local organization/business
- example: media interviews
- planning and sustainability — for the thinkers
- how does EIFE become more community-driven?
- what does EIFE look like in 1 year, 3 years, 5 years?
- “e” awareness projects — a mix of everything
- coordinating with organizations/businesses to identify opportunities to incorporate the brand into other initiatives/attractions/etc.
- example: coordinate mural artwork on the side of an old building
- example: identify an opportunity for a new community event on the river
Meet your Brand Champion Leaders!
Mary Allen and Ross Chapman will be your main points of contact. They will help organize, lead, and facilitate the Brand Champion meetings and Team efforts. They will help coordinate ongoing Brand Champion project needs; and, provide direction and accountability to the Brand Champions for successful implementation of ideas and projects.